Keilin Jahnke is a Ph.D. student in the department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. Her research interests include the motivations of all stakeholders of international engineering projects and the impact of non-technical aspects (including social, cultural, and political) on infrastructure design and durability in rural communities.
Keilin is passionate about developing—and teaching others how to develop—engineering designs that are durable, usable, and meet real needs by understanding the context holistically. Keilin teaches courses on both international engineering and innovation and works to help students enhance their creativity, acquire effective strategies to identity and define problems, and work through the design process.
- Lindgren, S., Jahnke, K., Alonso, M., & Elliott-Litchfield, B. (January 18, 2017). Maintaining Traditional Cooking With Stored Solar Thermal Energy. Poster presentation for the 6th Annual Solar Cookers International World Conference, Gujarat, India.
- Jahnke, K. T., Witmer, A., Tan, M., & Witmer, G. (2016). Bringing a Cross-Disciplinary, Contextual Approach to International Service Engineering Learning. 123rd ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Conference Proceedings.
- Witmer, A. & Jahnke, K. T. (2016). Drawing Upon Non-Engineering Disciplines to Research Sustainability of Engineered Infrastructure in South America. 123rd ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Conference Proceedings.
- Lindgren, S., Jahnke, K., Alonso, M., Floess, E., Bond, T., Elliott-Litchfield, B. (November 12, 2015). Cooking with Stored Solar Energy. Poster presentation for the Nutrition, Health and Gender in Sub-Saharan Africa, Urbana, IL.
- Walz, E., Jahnke, K.T., Holinger, M.L., Gast, E.J., & Elliott-Litchfield, J.B. (2015). Building Your Creativity: Tools for Having Ideasand Bringing Them To Be. Stipes Publishing.
- Deahl, K. T., Walz, E., Korte, R., Werpetinski, V., Hahn, L. D., Sunderman, J.A., & Elliott-Litchfield, J.B. (2013). Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes Acquired through Engineering Student Experiences Abroad. 120th ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Conference Proceedings.
- Walz, E., Deahl, K. T., Korte, R., Elliott-Litchfield, J.B., Sunderman, J.A., Werpetinski, V., & Hahn, L. D. (2013). Preparing Engineering Students for International Work: Learning Objectives to Inform Educational Materials. 120th ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition Conference Proceedings.
- PhD in Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, in progress
- M.S. in Systems and Entrepreneurial Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2014
- B.S. in General Engineering, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 2012
- Gulfstream Navigator Award, 2017
- Cozad New Venture Competition Energy Award, 2017
- Whitten Travel Fellowship, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, 2016
- John Price Award for Volunteer Service to International Understanding, 2015